Monday, July 20, 2015

Thing 18

Calendars

My friends make fun of me for never using my phone's calendar when we're together, planning the next dinner out or whatever. Fine, today is the day I will try it! 

At first I was impressed. It's the first time I've ever even looked at my phone's calendar, and there were a few things that had synced from other places, like reminders about dentist's appointments (I guess their emailed reminders somehow went to this calendar) and dates that I had entered for my husband's recent visit to Chicago. This is embarrassing that I don't know how those got there! Also, a friend's August birthday popped up. Maybe that came from Facebook? Anyway, I added a couple more upcoming birthdays, and a meeting with a co-worker for this Wednesday. But then it required several taps and swiping when I wanted to go back and edit an appointment or add a reminder. It will just take some getting used to, and maybe I will still always prefer my paper calendar!

I also wanted to try Sunrise. Right off the bat, I can see it is beautiful to look at. I connected it with my Facebook account for events, and maybe will connect it with Evernote if I ever start using that regularly. I've got US Public Holidays linked, and of course my Google account. I added that meeting with a co-worker, and I loved it! Love the analog clock where you just tap to add what time, and that when I'm writing what the meeting is about, it works just like my text function. I even like the little weather symbols for morning/afternoon/evening! It means I don't have to go to my special Weather Kitty app except when I want more details! 

Some friends and I are working on a few get-togethers for the end of summer, so I will put all of them on Sunrise as we get them scheduled. It would be great if this works for keeping track of all the crazy school events that are about to start hitting us.


No comments:

Post a Comment